Monday 10 June 2013

On The Train


I am now into my fourth month of daily entering the abyss of the prosecution office in Perth. I have been taught and shown so much in such a short period of time, I am kind of confused and still learning how to do it all and pestering everyone else with one off questions. I know all I have been shown and taught and now have to figure out how the puzzle goes together.
Frustrating to say the least. 


My day starts at 05:15 with a strengthening program at the gym (Aqua Jetty) and then the drive home in a trance to eat and shower. I say in a Trance because I am normally just waking up, I would not get through the training if I was awake. The Gym is a bit weird, other gyms I have been to have young strapping bodies around, but this one has only two people like that and the rest are over 60. Then there is me, stuck in between, almost fit, almost nearly old and greying hair. I feel like they all look at me think look at midstream Mick over there, or look at almost Alan, or Nobby no mates and at worst whos is he trying to kid Ken. But it is all apart of my return to work program which is scheduled to end in 2014.

At seven I take the sandy walk to the bus stop, stepping over the wind blown sand heaps and mush from passing vehicles. It is Great for office attire. The bus is always full of school kids mostly in un ironed uniforms, un shaven, scraggy hair and eyes gluey with eye poo. Do their parents have no pride any more, my mum worked her ass off to make sure we always looked as clean and tidy as possible. My mum would even spit on her handkerchief and wipe the eye poo off and clean the corner of your mouth after, you could smell it all day and taste it until you ate morning tea. Teen girls are being the loudest and most verbally offensive to each other and the boys who ogle at them. The girls language is atrocious and would be on a building site of strapping and hard core workmen. If you look at them in disgust they stare for a moment then lift their eyebrows and wrinkle their noses up and turn away from you like its your fault for being older. The boys how ever, they just stare in wonder at what is below the offensive behaviour uniforms and they stare goggle eyed wondering if they could tame the lioness as if they are still in a wet dream.

Onto the train at Warnbro is a different story. I am in the habit of packing a book, I take a seat and read and smell only. Nobody is talking, its seems it is not allowed on the train. People just stare at the floor or read, and the older men perv on the well dressed office chicks. Looking around I have noticed that Asian, African, Olive skinned in fact any non Caucasian person is happier than the white people and smile more, they seem at peace with life and the fact they are living in Perth. Caucasians how ever are solitary looking and sad, like the world is about to end, they don't realise that life is truly awesome in Perth.

Well, let me tell you this, getting a smoker within three meters of your space on a train does certainly take away the power of perfumes and after shave, disgusting. You can see people turning away and moving so they don't have to have the gross smell lingering with them for half a day or more. The smell grips onto your nostril hairs for hours after.


Dreamy and relaxed, my journey into Perth is nice, the fog on some cold mornings and the glistening of the swan river every morning is only beaten by the sun rising from the eastern hills and showing me the massive amount of colour nature can throw at you for a short time, it really makes me feel happy to be alive and is a great way to start the day. 

The walk from train to office is refreshing, at this time of year it is not hot or warm its just slightly cold and crisp. My dreamy state continues as I listen to background music and musical repertoires in my ears as I plod over the horseshoe bridge and down the four flight of stairs and then it ends, my ear plugs are removed and my phone of musical calmness is turned off. I enter the abyss, I am now in amongst the historic and lasting red brick work which is peppered with cheap screen walls and door ways that lead to office desks that are rarely dusted and cleaned and computer keyboards that have NEVER been cleaned (other than mine which took me over and hour and soiled three cleaner cloths, I started by tipping it upside and shaking it, over 10 million nostril hairs fell out of it mixed with 5 million eyebrow hairs, all black in colour).


Thank GOD for life and thank GOD my nostril hairs are greying and not black, you cant blame me for keyboard clogging.

Happy days to you all until I get time to Blog again.

No comments:

Post a Comment